Today, I offer you to fly towards Italy and discover these typical sandwiches, the piadine, from the North of the country, Emilia Romagna.
Sunday, January 31, 2016
Friday, January 29, 2016
The end of the year and the beginning of the new one is always a busy time for food lovers, after all the caramels, Christmas cakes, in French we enjoy Kings cake or Kings crown brioche for the Epiphany in January.
Next February 2nd, we will celebrate Candlemas in France, if it has been a religious celebration for long but it has been more a culinary event for the past years and we traditionally make and eat crêpes (French flat pancakes). Why crêpes? It is said that they would represent the sun and the light with their circle shape and and golden color.
Of course, crêpes car be enjoyed all year long, they are one of my favorite dessert and I often make a little batch of a few crêpes for dessert or as a snack when I have a sudden craving.
Today, this is not a traditional crêpes recipe I propose to you to try but a cider crêpes recipe. Cider often accompany crêpes but you can also add some to the dough, it adds a subtil touch, you should really try it and don't worry, the little alcohol evaporates itself during the cooking of the crêpes.
--> French version : here
Cider French pancakes
Prep time : 5 min
Cook time : 2 min per crêpe
Serving : about 16 6.24 inch-crêpes
- 1 + 2/3 cup (or 8, 75 oz) flour, sifted
- 2 tbsp unrefined organic cane sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 organic eggs, beaten
- 3 tsp melted butter or oil
- 1 + 1/4 cup (30 to 35 cl) cider
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, add the eggs, the melted butter (or oil) and mix again.
- Pour the cider gently while whisking, be careful the mixture can foam a little.
- In a greased (or non-stick) hot pan, cook the crêpes and pile them on a large plate to keep them warm.
- Enjoy them with your favorite jam, bananas and melted chocolate, sugar and lemon juice for example and a glass of fine cider.
--> French version : here
Monday, January 18, 2016
You may have noticed that I like smoothies, it's a nice way to eat fruit and hydrate oneself at the same time with just a glass and a straw without having to sit at a table with forks and knives, it's also very convenient to take away.
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
Happy New Year 2016!
Since I have started the English version of the blog, I haven't had lots of time to bring in my recipes and translate them here so this first recipe of the new year was a good way to start fresh plus it was a very good discovery. I've been wanting to cook croquettes for a long time but I don't really like fried food (to cook and to eat) so the oven baked version seemed a good alternative, I just had to try it.