Monday, December 26, 2016

Red wine hot chocolate

--> recette en français




    A few weeks ago, I published a chocolate red wine cupcakes recipe on the French version of the blog. I recently discovered the chocolate and red wine association even if it has been quite trendy in the US for a few years already. And of course, I was not going to leave it there.


   So I thought, what better moment of the year than Christmas holidays to try another recipe with hot chocolate and mulled wine. Well, Christmas is over but not the end of the year holidays - and who said we couldn't enjoy hot chocolate or mulled wine all winter long?! 



   This drink if - of course - only for grown-ups but if you like both hot chocolate and mulled wine separately, I bet you'll like them together. This is a nice comfort drink, to be taken in moderation, even if, once cooked, wine is less alcoholic. I didn't put spices in my first try but you can add some of your choice (cinnamon, cloves, star anise, etc.)


   You can easily make this recipe vegan, using plant-based milk, dairy free chocolate and organic vegan wine (find a list here). 


   And if you're not a hot chocolate fan, you can make a Glögg, a Swedish Christmas mulled wine or a mulled white Christmas wine



--> recette en français



Red white hot chocolate 


Cooking time : 5 minutes
Serving : 2 to 3 glasses


- 250 ml / 8,45 fl. oz / 1 cup milk of your choice*
- 125 ml / 4,23 fl. oz / 1/2 cup red wine*
- 90 g / 3,17 oz / 1/2 cup dark chocolate*
- 2 tbsp organic blond whole sugar (or other non refined sugar)
- spices (cinnamon, cloves, star anise, etc.) (optional)



  • In a sauce pan, pour the milk, the wine, the chocolate cut in pieces and the sugar and cook on medium heat and stir with a whisk until the chocolate has melted. 

  • Take off the heat and pour in mugs or heatproof glasses, enjoy right away.

  • To be taken in moderation of course. 


*Notes : To prepare a vegan version, use plant-based milk, dairy free chocolate and organic vegan wine.




--> If you realize one of my recipes, do not hesitate to send me a photo that I can share on my Facebook page or tag me on IG with #cookalife and @cookalife_bymaeva !







Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)





--> recette en français


Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)