Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Apricot, orange blossom, almond clafoutis (vegan)

--> recette en français





   Clafoutis is one of my favorite desserts, I find it comforting even in Summer. This French dessert is originally made with cherries, with their stone/pit but I remove them because I just don't want to munch one while enjoying such a good dessert.



   But, for this vegan version I finally succeeded to come up with, I wanted to honor apricots that are one of my favorite Summer fruit but only cooked in a pie, a cake or handpies, I don't like them raw. And they're really good in this clafoutis.


   I've tried several versions without eggs and finally, the best substitute is silk tofu, I chose almond milk but you can chose your favorite milk. Also, some people like it quite thick, but is it a crustless flan or a clafoutis ? I like it a little creamy that you can only eat in the dish, this is why I always chose individual gratin dishes.


   For the final touch, I added some orange blossom because I love it and it goes very well with apricots. I hope you'll like this version of mine.







Apricot, orange blossom, almond clafoutis (vegan)


Prep time : 15 minutes
Baking time : 35 to 40 minutes
Serving : 4 people


- 55 g / 1,95 oz flour (semi-whole for me)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 50 g / 1,75 oz + 1 tbsp organic blond whole sugar (or 35 g / 1,25 oz birch sugar/xylitol)
- 150 g / 5,30 oz silk tofu* (ou 2 eggs, beaten)
- 160 ml / 5,40 fl. oz / 1/2 + 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp orange blossom water
- coconut oil or margarine (for the mold/gratin dish)
- 400 to 450 g / 14 to 16 oz apricots (not stoned/pitted)




  • Grease the mold or gratin dish and sprinkle with the tbsp of sugar and keep aside.

  • In a mixing bowl, whisk in the flour, the cornstarch and the remaining sugar.

  • In a small bowl, whisk the silk tofu (or the eggs) and pour in the mixing bowl.

  • Whisk in the almond milk and orange blossom until you have an homogeneous batter without lumps and keep aside.

  • Wash the apricots, dry them and cut in two. Remove the pit/stone and cut each half in 2 or 3 and arrange them nicely in the bottom of the dish or mold in 1 or 2 layers.

  • Pour the batter onto the apricots and bake in a warm oven for 35 to 40 minutes at 175°c (350°f). If the apricots or the sides of the clafoutis begin to brown, cover with an aluminum paper, making sure it doesn't touch the food.

  • Once baked, lat the clafoutis cool down, this is when it gets its final texture. Then, enjoy warm or cold. Bon appétit !


--> If you realize one of my recipes, do not hesitate to send me a photo that I can share on my Facebook or tag me on Instagram with #cookalife and @cookalife_bymaeva. You can also share your opinion on on tried recipes you have pinned on Pinterest.





Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)





Yum


--> recette en français

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)