Friday, August 11, 2017

Raspberry, coconut, speculoos vegan popsicles

--> recette en français


   Well, it's seem that this year, Summer has decided to take some liberties, at least on the Northern part of France and maybe Europe. It's either a heat wave or rain and "cold" weather, hard to know what to where or to plan anything, especially when you're working outside. I have had a whole bunch of different clothes and shoes just "in case of" in the trunk of my car at work.


   Anyway, I decided to share this recipe of popsicles because, hey, Summer is going to come back anytime! Since I've been back from Amsterdam and the delicious speculoos cookies I brought back, I often prepare a dessert with this coconut yogurt, fresh raspberries and speculoos cookies, I don't know where that association came from but I love it! So I thought, why not make some popsicles with these ingredients 😉

   I agree, they're not the prettiest, this is because I put a diced raspberry in the bottom of the popsicle mould, not a good idea but I modified the recipe to make it look better and don't worry, the taste is as good. And stumbling on speculoos cookies chunks while enjoying this popsicle it just yummy! Careful however because if most of the speculoos cookies are vegan, some are not and have eggs or dairy, so look at the labels closely if you're vegan or dairy/egg intolerant.


   For the coconut yogurt, I recently discovered this one from The Coconut Co - nothing sponsored here, just a delicious discovery!. It's smooth and delicious, only made of coconut milk and as I didn't like coconut a few weeks before, well I love it. I also sometimes buy other coconut yoghurts that have dairy but I only use them to top my porridges or when I crave for something more liquid or sour.


   To make these popsicles, you'll need popsicles mould of course, you can find some easily in supermarkets, general stores or at the "giant Swedish" for a few Euros or else.


   I hope you'll like this little yummy ones, whether it is under a plaid on the couch or on the balcony under the sun... Depends on the day !  😁






Raspberry, coconut and speculoos vegan popsicles


Prep time : 15 minutes
Freeze time :  2 to 3 hours
Serving : 6 popsicles



- 230 g / 8,82 oz coconut yogurt (like these ones)
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
- 1  to 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 120 g / 4,23 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 tsp organic blond whole sugar
- 25 à 30 g / 0,88 to 1,06 oz speculoos cookies


  • In a bowl, whisk the yogurt with the agave syrup and the shredded coconut (optional) with a fork and set aside.

  • Put 6 raspberries aside. In a soup plate, mash the other raspberries with the sugar with a fork.

  • Pour the coconut yogurt in a piping bag or freezing bag (and cut a corner).

  • Pour some in the bottom of the popsicles mould, put a diced raspberry (or whole), pack down a little and cover with some of the coconut yogurt prep. Keep some for the end (about 1/4).

  • Break 1/3 of the speculoos cookies and put some chunks in the moulds, pack down a little with a spoon. 

  • Break another 1/3 of the cookies and add them to the raspberry puree. Pour the puree in the mould covering the coconut yogurt prep.

  • Cover with the rest of the coconut prep and the last speculoos cookies chunks.

  • You can finish with a raspberry cut in half or as you want.

  • Push a popsicle stick in and let freeze for 2 to 3 hours before enjoying them. To demold a popsicle, put the mould under a warm water trickle (careful not to water the ice cream).

--> If you realize one of my recipes, do not hesitate to send me a photo that I can share on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram with  #cookalife and @cookalife_bymaeva! You can also share your opinion on tried recipes you have pinned in Pinterest.





Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)




--> recette en français


* Article non sponsored. All opinions written here are mine. *

Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)