Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas mulled white wine

--> recette en français




    For this Christmas, I was looking for a festive drink or cocktail to change from the traditional or Swedish mulled wine I tried last year, even if I like it very much and will probably make some again because it's so easy and quick to prepare. And in a report on French television about Christmas markets in Alsace (in North East of France), I heard about mulled white wine, I didn't even know it was possible but after all, wine is wine.



   In the report, they advised to use an Alsatian dry white wine such as a Gewurtztraminer and it was perfect because I had a bottle at home and I don't like to drink this kind of dry wine, such as red wine but once cooked with spices, they're sweet and syrupy and make a fine apéritif.


   I think we can taste the difference between mulled white and red wine but I don't have a favorite one. I suggest you to try and make your opinion. And don't remain on a prejudice, like many other people, I don't like wine but love it hot with spices. It makes a nice apéritif or also to enjoy after a meal with little Christmas cookies. And if you want to try the Glögg, Swedish mulled wine, it's just here.




Christmas mulled white wine


Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serving : 2 people


- 1 organic orange
- 500 ml / 17 oz / 2 cups dry white wine (such as Gewurtztraminer)
- 5 tbsp blond whole granulated sugar
- 10 cloves
- 2 to 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 to 4 star anise
- 1 little handful fresh cranberries (optional)



  • Cut the orange in half and press the juice of one of them in a saucepan and slice the other half. You can keep two quarters to decorate your glasses afterwards but it's optional. 

  • In the saucepan, add the white wine and all the other ingredients.

  • Bring to a boil then lower immediately the heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes on low-medium heat. 

  • Strain and serve hot or warm in two glasses with your favorite Christmas cookies!



Notes: Cinnamon sticks can be used again once or twice but it really depends on their quality, some are not good after only one use.


--> If you realize one of my recipes, do not hesitate to send me a photo that I can share on my Facebook page or tag me on IG with #cookalife and @cookalife_bymaeva !




Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)



--> recette en français


Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)