Friday, May 20, 2016

Red fruit, apple and cinnamon sweet scrambled eggs or omelette

--> recette en français




   A few months ago already, I saw a sweet omelette recipe went by on Pinterest and it really intrigued me but I wasn't more curious than that. You may have noticed it - and as I said it in my 3 year-anniversary blog post - I've been "veganizing" my cooking and diet lately. I used to love eggs - I could eat some 2 or 3 times a week, fried eggs, soft-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs - I think I got bored and kind of stopped to buying eggs just like that and it's a good thing because I don't have to force myself to quit eating them even if I still buy some from time to time to use in some pastries - but always organic or free-range of course.


   I don't remember why I thought again about that recipe but I thought that it the time to try it with the beginning of the red fruit season and the end of the apples and that if it was a tasty success I would share it with you. I've never been a fan of omelettes so I went for scrambled eggs instead, so you can enjoy this recipe for breakfast, as a dessert or a snack. And if you're watching your cholesterol, you can only use egg whites of course!





   Soon, I want to try vegan omelettes or scrambled "eggs", it exists several version with various ingredients, I'm eager to see if it works in a sweet version.


   For the garnish, you can use your favorite seasonal or frozen fruit, I can tell you it works very well with apple (cooked or raw) and red fruit as you can see. If you use frozen fruit, you can defrost them or they will defrost naturally with the hot scrambled eggs.


  If you're rather scared by sweet eggs, I really suggest you to try, after all, the ingredients are very similar to pancakes or clafoutis recipes, apart from the flour.




--> recette en français



Ref fruit, apple and cinnamon sweet scrambled eggs or omelette


Prep time : 5 min
Cook time : 5 min
Serving : 2 to 3 people


- 1 tsp coconut oil(or other plant-based oil)
- 6 eggs
- 4 tsp organic whole cane sugar
- 1/2 plain or vanilla yogurt (about 60 g/2,12 oz) 
- 1 apple
- 3 to 4 cinnamon pinches (optional)
- red fruit of your choice (fresh or frozen)
- topping of your choice : maple syrup, melted chocolate, chocolate chips, dried fruit or nuts... (optional)



  • Optional cooking : Peel and cut the apple in pieces, cook it for a few minutes in a small saucepan on medium heat with or without cinnamon then keep aside.

  • Wash and cut the fresh fruit or take the frozen fruit out of the freezer.

  • In a frying pan, heat the oil. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with sugar and the yogurt.

  • Pour the mixture in the frying pan, add the pre-cooked or raw apple pieces (or keep them raw to garnish afterwards). Cook on medium heat and stir constantly if you want sweet scrambled eggs. Take the pan off the heat when the eggs have the desired texture (more or less runny)

  • Transfer the eggs or the omelette into a serving dish or directly in plates or bowls and edd the fruit. 
  • Add a topping of your choice if you want : maple syrup, melted chocolate, chocolate chips, dried fruit or nuts... 



    --> recette en français




     






Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)