Friday, May 13, 2016

{ Cocktail } Mango mojito

--> recette en français




    Until recently, I only wanted to have soups, comfort dishes or warm cups of tea as the Spring seemed to not really want to settle over France for the past weeks. After all, this cocktail is just perfect now that Spring seems ready to settle for good. 



   You'll tell me that we can enjoy a good cocktail all year long, even in Winter, but to me, it really represents Spring or Summer, sunny aperitifs in vacation with friends or family... To change from the traditional cocktail, I chose to go for a mango mojito to feel even more in vacation.


   If you don't drink alcohol, no problem, you can just switch the white rum with sparkling water or club soda. You can also use frozen mango, thus you will need less or no ice and avoid putting too much water into your cocktail. 




{ Cocktail } Mango mojito


Prep time : 10 min
Serving : 2 glasses


- 1/2 mango (fresh or frozen, diced)
- a few mint leaves
- 2 to 4 tbsp cane sugar syrup (or caster sugar)
- sparkling water (about 5.6 oz/160ml for the alcoholic version, 11.2 oz/320 ml for a virgin mojito)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 3.5 oz/10 cl white rum
- ice


  • Dice the mango flesh and pour it in two cocktail glasses. If you use frozen mango, dice it with a sharp knife right out of the freezer. 

  • Add some mint leaves and the sugar syrup (or caster sugar).

  • Cover with sparkling water, crush the mango and the mint (and the sugar) with a pestle (I don't have one but I use the wooden spoon).


  • Add the lime juice, the white rum (or sparkling water) and ice (optional if you use frozen mango). Decorate with straws, mint branches and/or lime slices, as you want, and enjoy immediately.





 


Yum

--> recette en français  

12 comments:

  1. One of my favorite drinks, Mojitos, yours looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so beautiful and refreshing! I'd love one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious and I have a garden full of mint waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of a mango mojito ! Will be making some soon !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mango mojitos must be so refreshing...can't wait to try yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cocktail after my own heart. Love the mango.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy Mojitos which is good because the mint is taking over my garden! I've had traditional so far and apple but I am down with mango and will have to try that next! It looks pretty refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely a very spring/summer drink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious, refreshing cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love a mojito, and I bet this tastes amazing with the addition of the mango! Sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing! I love Mojitos and this one will be next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mango is among my very favorite fruits. This mojito looks just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)