Monday, March 20, 2017

Raspberry pear cardamom chia and millet pudding

--> recette en français




   Here is a recipe I had not scheduled on the blog but I made it last weekend and it was so easy, delicious and filling enough to wait until lunch that I thought you may like too. I also thought about all the people who say they don't have time to eat in the morning because you prepare everything at night and you just have to assemble it in the morning and enjoy! You'll excuse the minimalist pictures but as I said the recipe wasn't planned and I was quite hungry and eager to eat this delicious thing so I made it quick!


   This is not the first time I made an overnight pudding but the first I used millet instead of oats - I love millet since I tried it a few weeks ago! I bet you've heard about chia pudding, well, an overnight oats or overnight "other cereal" is just the same with oats or any other cereal flakes and, even if I like chia puddings (like my favorite one here), I just love overnights! 


   And if you've tried and were not satisfied, I bet you will find your favorite version, I suggest you to try different milks, add some yogurt or not, change flakes, add or remove some of the chia seeds, etc.Then you can top your pudding with whatever you want, fruit, seed butter, chocolat, seeds and more!

   You know I only use seasonal fruit and raspberries are not yet, in Europe at least, so I used frozen ones because raspberries and breakfast puddings are just great together. I added a pear, diced and lots of ground cardamom because it is delicious! Don't forget to use spices in your savory or sweet dishes, you'll need to add less salt or sugar and they are so good for you!





Raspberry pear cardamome chia and millet pudding


Prep time : 10 minutes
Resting time : 15 minutes + 1 night (or at least 2 hours)
Serving : 2


- 25 g chia seeds
- 70 g millet flakes (like oats)
- 20 g blond whole sugar (or another non refined sugar)
- 250 ml / 1 cup milk of your choice (I chose almond)
- 230 g raspberries (fresh or frozen, defrosted)
- 15 g coconut sugar (more or less depending on your taste)
- 2 ripe pears
- ground cardamom (to taste)



D-1 :

  • In a jar, whisk the chia seeds and milk with a fork for a minute and let rest for 15 minutes.

  • Whisk again, add the millet and sugar, whisk and close the jar. Refrigerate all night or for at least 2 hours.

  • If you use frozen raspberries, don't forget to let them defrost in the fridge too.


D Day :

  • Peel and dice the pears, add some cardamom and put half of the fruit into jars, bowls or glasses. Mash the raspberries with the coconut sugar and a fork and put half over the pear.

  • Whisk the chia and millet pudding, you may need to add 1 or 2 tbsp of milk if it's to thick for you and pour over the fruit.

  • Add the remaining raspberries and pear dices and enjoy!


💪 Nutrition information (per person): 418 kcal (76 g carbohydrates ; 8,2 g proteins ; 8,1 g fat) 


--> If you realize one of my recipes, do not hesitate to send me a photo that I can share on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram with #cookalife and @cookalife_bymaeva! You can also share your opinion on tried recipe you have pinned in Pinterest from now on.


Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)




--> recette en français



Yum

5 comments:

  1. So pretty and colorful, I would love to have this for breakfast! I like the alternative grains too, always fun to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of raspberry & cardamom in this wonderful looking dessert! I want it now! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's delicious. Thank you Debi, glad you like it so much! ^_^

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a delicious combination...I'd try it!

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)