Sunday, March 12, 2017

Pink grapefruit cranberry ginger cocktail • For The Love Of Cocktails, Las Vegas premier charity cocktail festival

--> recette en français




    Today, we'll talk about cocktails, Las Vegas and charity. A few days ago, I heard about For The Love Of Cocktails, a cocktail and charity event hosted in Las Vegas once a year. The celebration is not only a mixology party but also a 72-hour fundraiser for breast cancer awareness. In honor of the next edition of the festival taking place in May this year, I created a fun cocktail I wanted to share with you! 


   The event brings, every year, the finest mixologists, cocktail bars and chefs. I'm not a big drinker, ageing, I've been drinking alcohol less and less but I like to enjoy a good cocktail once in a while. If I could, I would have been delighted to meet some professionals there and also because Las Vegas is one of my top destinations I wish to visit. It sounds like a lot of fun but most of all for a great cause.


   Living in France, I'm not quite aware of the most famous mixologists or bars from the US but I'm sure that Paul, my brother-in-law, a senior bartender that has been working for a famous hotel in Cannes, on the French Riviera would have done a great job. He has won several prices in national and international championships! If you ever visit Cannes, go by the JW Marriott, he makes the best mojitos!


   If you're interested by the event, check out the Las Vegas travel deals for the best flights and packages.


   About the cocktail, I wanted to make it pink - the color of breast cancer awareness - so I thought about my favorite Winter fruit, grapefruit, to which I added some cranberry juice, rich in antioxidants and some ginger syrup because I wanted something a little spicy and this syrup I use for my home made lemonade is great. Then, I just added a little bit of rum because this is the alcohol most people have at home and it doesn't add any flavor. I chose not to charge it too much on purpose, feel free to adjust the quantities of the ingredients depending of your taste. This cocktail changes from the ones I've made before, it's less sweet and more sour, just enough to enjoy a nice glass on a weekend night.




Grapefruit cranberry ginger cocktail

Prep time : 5 minutes
Serving : 2 glasses


Ginger syrup

- 1/2 cup / 125 ml cold water
- 1/2 cup / 100 g organic blond whole sugar (or other non refined sugar)
- 1,57 inches / 4 cm fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped



  • In a saucepan, pour the water, sugar and ginger. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes until it makes a syrup and that the ginger pieces look candied.

  • Remove from the heat and let cool down and soak for about 30 minutes. 

  • Filter the syrup with a sieve so to collect the candied ginger (that you can use for a recipe of your choice) and pour the syrup into an airtight container, you'll need some for the cocktail and may have some left for another cocktail or recipe. 



Cocktail

- 1 cup / 250 ml freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice (about 1 grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml cranberry juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup / 30 to 60 ml ginger syrup
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup / 30 to 60 ml white rum




  • Pour all the ingredients into two cocktail glasses.

  • Taste and adjust the amount of ginger syrup and rum depending on your preference.


  • Don't forget alcohol is to be taken in moderation 😉



--> If you realize one of my recipes, do not hesitate to send me a photo that I can share on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram with #cookalife and @cookalife_bymaeva! You can also share your opinion on tried recipe you have pinned in Pinterest from now on.





Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)


--> recette en français


Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)