I don't know where you are but here, in France, we're finally out of this second and even more awful heat wave. We had up to 42°c (108°f) and it wasn't pleasant at all, it was even scary... So to try to stay hydrated even when it's hot, I swap my usual afternoon and evening teas and infusion for som cold brew ones. I used to prepare it with hot water and then would let it cool down but this is not how you're supposed to do it and this is this way that makes it bitter.
Cold brew iced tea or infusion will never be bitter, even if you use green tea that is just not drinkable if you forget it in the kitchen when using hot water. Here, you an use green, black, white tea, rooibos, or infusions. Prepare it in the evening for the next day or in the morning for the afternoon or evening.
If you're a fan of peach iced tea, pleas, don't buy any from the stores, you can just taste the sugar. Add some - organic, very important - peach or nectarine for some more sharpness - quarters into the jar and let them sit with the tea and sugar of your choice and voilà!
I advised you to use organic fruit but I strongly suggest you to also use organic tea/infusion as it is one of the "food" the most treated with chemical products, who wants to drink a pesticide cocktail?!
Cold brew peach iced tea
Prep time : 5 minutes
Resting in the fridge : 4 hours minimum
Serving : 1 liter / 4 cups
- 2 peaches or nectarines
- sugar of your choice (agave syrup, honey, whole sugar, etc.)
- green tea (1 tbsp/bag), black tea (2 tbsp/bags), rooibos and others infusions 2 tbsp/bags)
- Chose your container, a large glass bottle, two jars, a glass tea pot or any mug you can cover then.
- Pour in some filtered or spring water up to the 3/4. Add the tea/infusion (bags or in an infuser).
- Wash the fruit and cut them in quarters, add them into the containers with some sugar of your choice and let sit in the fridge for at last 4 hours, you can prepare the drink the evening for the following day or in the morning to enjoy in the afternoon or in the evening after work.
- Once you'll have enjoyed your iced tea (up to 24 hours), don't throw the fruit, just eat them as they will have a tea flavor.
Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)
--> recette en français