Thursday, January 4, 2018

Carrot, sweet potato, red lentil and coconut milk express soup

--> recette en français




🌟 Happy New year 2018 everyone! 🎉


    We start the new year with a new soup recipe. An express recipe for a comforting but balanced quick meal. No detox planned here - don't feel like it when you don't eat excess food during the Xmas and NYE celebrations. But don't worry if you're looking for a healthy but yummy dish, this is it!


   I improvised this soup a few weeks ago, it was already around 4PM and I had not had lunch yet so I made this soup in no time with what I got in the kitchen and added some toasts, it was the ideal slunch! I made it again for the blog writing and adjusting the ingredients and quantities this time. You may want to add the coconut milk into the saucepan or serve the soup with a coconut whipped cream for a more cocooning visual aspect.


   I had not planned to share the recipe on the blog at first because I thought it was quite simple but then I saw the new theme of the Bataille Food for January (a French no-winner monthly food challenge), "Comforting hot drinks" for which we could propose savory or sweet recipes and I thought it could be a nice idea to give you for a healthy but yummy quick meal. 


   Whether you prefer your soup to be more thick or liquid, adjust the water and/or coconut milk measures and if you're not a coconut fan, skip it and use another smooth plant-based milk (more easily digestible than cow milk) like oat or soy.


   I often start my soups with cooking some onions in olive oil and add soy sauce or cook my soups with vegetable broth, but didn't in this one because I wanted to keep it sweet on purpose. I just added some blond miso and salt and pepper for serving, but feel free to season it as you wish.


   And if you're looking for other recipes ready in less than 30 minutes for quick meals, you'll find some over here.





Carrot, sweet potato, red lentil and coconut milk express soup


Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serving : 2 small bowls


- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or other plant-basd oil)
- 165 g / 5,80 oz carrot (2 to 3)
- 200 g / 7 oz sweet potato (1 medium)
- 40 g / 1,41 oz red lentils (2 to 3 handfulls)
- 1 tsp blond miso (optional)
- 115 g / 4 oz coconut milk
- salt, pepper
- desiccated coconut (optional)


  • Heat the coconut oil (or other oil) in a saucepan or a stewpot.

  • Peel and slice the carrot and sweat potato in chunks, pour them into the saucepan and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.

  • Add the red lentils, cover with water (about 675 ml), bring to a boil then reduce the heat on medium and let simmer for about 15 minutes, the vegetables must be tender at the end.

  • Add the blond miso, coconut milk, salt and pepper and blend.

  • If needed, adjust the seasoning and/or add some more water or coconut milk.

  • If needed too, heat again in the saucepan for 2 or 3 minutes on medium heat. And why not, sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top for serving.


--> If you realize one of my recipes, do not hesitate to send me a photo that I can share on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram with  #cookalife and @cookalife_bymaeva! You can also share your opinion on tried recipes you have pinned in Pinterest.




Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)






--> recette en français
Yum

3 comments:

  1. What a quick and delicious soup! I love the flavor combination, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soup looks warming and great! It's great for this cold weather that we're having right now! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)