Less active on the blog for the past weeks - not that I don't have any recipes in stock, they're just waiting to be written or to be tested - but I haven't had much time lately and also I was quite busy on a cooking project I wanted to finish before leaving abroad in vacation.
Before leaving indeed, a heat wave hit Paris and its surroundings where I live and I needed something fresh to drink but wanted to try something new and I stumbled upon a chia fresca recipe on Pinterest. So it was the occasion to try a new use of these magic seeds. This refreshing drink is a must- liked by sporty people because of its high amount of proteins and fibres that help the body to recover after some efforts.
I have been asked how to use chia seeds lately on Instagram, you may of course know the chia puddings but you can also enjoy an overnight oats - chia seeds and oats soaked in milk - for breakfast or as a snack if you're not fond of the gelatinous aspect of the seeds, I planned to talk to you about it next month... finally.
Back to the chia fresca, it's simply chia seeds soaked into fresh water with fruit, fruit juice, fruit purée - or not - that you enjoy cold. What's the interest? A refreshing healthy and natural drink, rich in good nutrients such as omega-3 and antioxidants. So yes, to be honest, you may need to be familiar with chia seeds because this drink may not please everyone. The first time, I had put too many in my drink so I was not so enthusiastic, the second time was better!
So here is a refreshing healthy drink idea, in which I added this time frozen raspberries I mixed with the water. You can of course just add a dash of lemon, blended fruit, fruit juice or even fruit syrup (home made is always better). Start by putting a little quantity of chia seeds and next time you can adjust and add more if you want.
--> recipe in English
Raspberry chia fresca
Prep time : 5 minutes
Rest time : 20 minutes
Serving : 1 to 2 drinks
- 2 glasses of filtered or spring water (500 ml / 2 cups / 16,9 fl. oz)
- 50 g / 1,76 oz raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsbp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- liquid sugar such as honey, agave syrup(optional)
- In the bow of a blender, pour the water and the fruit and mix until you have a homogeneous consistency and the fruit are well puréed.
- Pour into a shaker or an air tight container, add the lemon juice, the chia seeds (and the sugar if you want) and shake.
- Pour the preparation into a large glass/jar or two smaller ones and keep in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir well, add a straw and enjoy fresh!
--> recipe in English