To end the week and the year, here is a savory dish to serve as an appetizer or to end a meal if you're not a fan of dessert. This baked Camembert with roasted cranberries makes a delicious French-American association.
You can either chose Camembert or Brie (more creamy but richer too) as you wish. Cranberries go very well with it, once cooked, they keep their sharpness but also bring a sweet touch to balance the strong taste of this French cheese. It can also works with cherries when they're in season.
Bake the cheese in its wooden box or a nice ovenproof dish and serve it with crackers, toasts or a very good baguette if you can fin one where you live to keep it French.
💫 I wish you to spend nice holidays and NYE celebrations and to enjoy good food if you can. See you next year! 💫
--> recette en français
Roasted cranberries baked Camembert
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 35 minutes
Serving : it depends of the type of meal and the appetite of your guests
- 150 g / 5,30 oz / 1,5 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 Camembert (or Brie)
- a few rosemary branches (optional)
- baguette, bread, toasts or crackers
- Rinse and dry the cranberries. Pour them in an ovenproof dish lined with baking paper. Coat them with honey or maple syrup and roast in a warm oven for about 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Take the plastic wrapping off the cheese and put it back in its wooden box lined with baking paper or put in an ovenproof round dish.
- Prick the cheese with a sharp knife. You can also stick some rosemary branches into it (optional). Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, take the rosemary off, cover the cheese with the roasted cranberries and serve immediately with bread or crackers as you wish. If you find the cheese crust a little too hard, serve the cheese with teaspoons, it will be easier.
--> If you realize one of my recipes, do not hesitate to send me a photo that I can share on my Facebook page or tag me on IG with #cookalife and @cookalife_bymaeva !
Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)--> recette en français