Thursday, June 23, 2016

Protein-packed home made super food red fruit muesli (gluten free)

--> recette en français



    When I went to buy some groceries at my usual organic store lately, I stumbled upon some "protein-packed" muesli with dried red fruit of a little French brand. I was ready to go for it and try but the high price wasn't within my food budget at all.


   So I bought what I needed and didn't already have at home to make it myself with additional ingredients I like. This muesli is said "protein-packed" because of the super food but most of all the toasted soy flakes there are because they bring 40 g of protein for 100 g of muesli.


   I added to that, gluten free corn flakes, rice, barley and rye flakes, also raisins and dried cranberries, chia seeds (rich in omega 3, 6 and antioxidants), flax seeds (rich in iron), buckwheat (calcium) and finally freeze-fried red fruit. I don't know where you are, but in France, it's not something easy to find, there are some in bulk aisles of hypermarkets, from organic online stores or from "light" cereal boxes.



   You can also add dried apple slices (home made or bought) and/or nuts. About quantities? Don't take your scale out, just use a tablespoon and measure as you like according to your preferences.




--> recette en français



Protein-packed home made super food red fruit muesli (gluten free)


Prep time : 5 minutes



- corn flakes (certified GF)
- toasted soy flakes
- rice flakes
- oat flakes (certified GF)
- rye flakes
-barley flakes
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- buckwheat seeds
- raisin
- dried cranberries
- freeze-dried red fruit


  • Pour all the ingredients - as much as you want for each - in a jar, shake... voilà, it's really! 

  • Enjoy this healthy muesli with dairy or non-dairy milk such as below, in a yogurt or a smoothie bowl topping.








--> recette en français




Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)