I love soups whatever the season, most of all cold in Summer and warm in Autumn and Winter. This is for me a nice way of eating vegetables and stay hydrated but also enjoy a nice meal that will get me full.
This recipe was published two years ago but I decided it was time to bring some freshness to some of them whether it is for the pictures or the recipe itself for the delight of our taste buds.
For this yummy cream, you'll just need some chestnut mushrooms and basic ingredients you must have in your cupboards and 30 minutes later, you're ready to eat! No need to say more, the recipe is as simple as its ingredients.
--> French version: here
Cream of chestnut mushroom soup
Prep time + cook time : 30 minutes
For 2 liters (8 cups) of soup, you will need :
- 2 knobs of butter
- 2 shallots
- 500 g (17,6 oz) fresh chestnut mushrooms (+ a few more for decoration)
- 1 liter (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 15 to 20 cl (1 cup or less) double cream
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan, peel and slice the shallots finely then sizzle them on low heat for a few minutes - they mustn't get brown!
- Meanwhile, gently brush the mushrooms with a clean damp dish towel, put a few aside. Cut the base of the mushrooms then cut them coarsely into pieces.
- Add the mushrooms to the shallots, let them brown for a few minutes then add the hot broth and leave to cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Mix with a (hand) blender, add all of some of the double cream and mix again.
- Pour the cream into bowls or soup plates, cut the base of the remaining mushrooms, slice them and place them on the soup, the raw mushrooms will add some texture to your creamy soup, it's delicious!